Tuesday, March 1, 2011

This is my pain..my punishment

in this poem...

i wake up and seeing nothing but...
something or someone making a cut
an incision so small i cant see the wound
this place so dark i cant see no moon.

Where am i, who are you?
he just laughs, and coughs a little too
a searing pain as he rips thru my skin
oh please! oh please! blood runs up my chin

I have never felt this sort on pain
never felt like this was my bane
time passes like so many flies
buzzing around my hollow eyes

after a while the pain goes away
but he keeps coming day after day
to make new pain like i could never dream
like he was just blowing off steam

for some reason i never get to die
like all the world was a beautiful lie
this pain this pain i dont believe
when am i ever going to leave.

a million years pass and nothing new
except i've forgotten a memory or two
i dont remember why i'm here
or do i know this man i fear

my body is gone beyond repair
its torn and seared, ripped with no care
i look no less than the one before me
continuing his work while i watch and see

i am torn my veins are out
in every way my eyes fall out
my hair burnt, my skin is torn
my groin is bone and my tongue is gone

i'm used to it, the pain has passed
my surrounding area here is vast
i feel light and suddenly warm
fall to the ground, after so much harm

I awaken and feel the ground
confused i am with the occurring sound
i dont sense the man nearby
no no this is not a lie

i hear breathing, i hear crying
what is it i hear, is it dying?
i hear a man, first in so long
oh how his voice is such a song

i go closer, as i hear him scream
such a beautiful sound, like a hymn
funny that i notice something
something strange in the voice he sings

Oh my lord what is this i hear...
his voice oh so familiar...
i've heard this voice a million years past
it is the voice of which i cast

and then this lil thing screams and shouts
as i cut him to know without a doubt
Where am i? Who are you?
hahaha... I just laugh, and then i cough a little too.


the continuing cycle of pain, never ending.

No comments: