Sunday, August 4, 2013

The Wind

Very simple i can see
that your smile has set me free
So much so i know the pain
of not being able to feel again

i felt so much within this time
so much so i can no longer rhyme
so the airs i breathe can no longer be
the air that you should share with me

u made me laugh, u made me smile
and all i could think was u, for awhile
and then u go, like the wind
disappearing from under my skin

the trees will continue to grow
but im sure u will continue to blow
the winds u are and shall never stop
even when the misty mountains drop

there are people who say out loud
that the wind blows loud and proud
the way we see the world will die
is when the wind tells a lie

what became of loud and proud
the people would say its just a cloud
promising all, ever joy
leaves me a dry and lonely boy

i'd kill those people who told me lies
who sent me out here to die
and this is my, last protest
before i stab this knife to my chest

Before i go, i throw the blame
you should really be ashamed
of all the lies u told to me
about never having the need to leave

i cant take 4 more years
of these warm, bloody tears
this is my last goodbye
hey at least i can say i tried

the warmth i miss
the wanted kiss
the voice so tender
the dead befriender

i want so much for the winds to stop
where i am on the roofs atop
take away, this breaking pain
so much, so i can feel again.
Cynthia







No comments: