Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Wreck

This is the first post in 3 years.

I've refrained from posting here in the longest time. It's because this is the place is where all of my greatest pains reside. I've left so many memories in the dust here. I've refused to think about the pain, about the pride lost. The graveness of everything I've ever held dear; is in this place.

Today is another one of those moments, which I have to deposit here.

You came into my life as a gift
Came without sorrow, warning or thrift
They said no and I said yes
I was willing to take every test
Willing to do what it took
Bleed, cry, fight and cook
And you gave me your heart
I cherished it right from the start
But you take it away
At any time of day
Then it comes to me again'
And I feel the straining pain
Of never keeping in at bay
Never being able to make it stay
You say you trust my whole
But never have you questioned my soul
I will leave my heart at the door, wont say a word
They've all been said before
All I ask is this, if this is my last night with you
Hold me like i'm more than just a friend, give me a memory i can use
I'm scared of what is coming next
I'm scared of the times that I have nothing left
No one's known me like you do
And since you're the only one that matters, now who do i run to?
Hold my hand, and lets do what lovers do.
All of this is because; it matters how this ends
Cause what if I never love again?


Charmaine Marn Ri Hui.  

No comments: